Monday, November 22, 2010

Secure Email Project

This week our Secure Email Project was due. I had no idea how time consuming this project would be this is one that you definitely do not want to wait to the last minute to do just because of all the downloading, encrypting, digitizing and emailing. To begin with I have never had the need to use encrypted emails or digital signatures, and until now I had no idea why someone would need to use such devices as digital certificates. 


The following link will take you to a website that will teach you all about encrypted email and how it will help protect your privacy and increase your computers security. According to the article one of the number one reasons to secure your email is to prevent the possibility of your computer contracting a virus or spam. Phishing emails are one of the most commonly accidentally opened viruses that people come across. These emails look exactly like the real webpages and can be extremely hard to recognize. One simple click on these emails and cyber terrorist will have instant access to your personal information. 


Emails are like postcards, they can easily be intercepted in transit by thousands of people, government and even terrorist. If you have very important information either business or personal taking the extra precaution to encrypt your messages can keep your business from going bankrupt and your identity from being stolen. 




I really enjoyed this final project it was something I have never done and it really opened my eyes to how susceptible my personal information really is on my computer. From now on there is nothing but secure emails for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment