Saturday, October 23, 2010

Web 2.0 Project

The following is a link to my project.


Overall the Web 2.0 project proved to be extremely stressful to me. The storyboard, idea, and actually making my presentation were extremely easy to do with powerpoint. However, when it came time to actually upload my work to the web, I went to at least 20 different websites and my audio wouldn't play on any of them. Eventually, I had to record my desktop with the project playing in the background on screenjelly.com.

Presentation Evaluation Rubric
Name of Presenter: Rebecca Barnes
Your Name: Rebecca Barnes


Missing or lacking
Meets the minimum but could be improved

Excellent
Is there a logical flow and sequence of content? How could it be improved?


Yes. The flow of information is logical.
Does the presenter anticipate questions and answer them in the right place? At what points did you have questions that were not answered?


Yes. I answered the questions before they were asked.
Did the presenter grab your attention in the first 30-60 seconds?

I feel like I could have done a better job of a WOW factor at the beginning of my presentation.

Did the presenter ask questions and spark your curiosity?


I didn’t ask many questions, but instead fully explained things.
Did the presenter set the context with a concise explanation? Is it clear what the presenter is trying to share?


Yes. My presentation was extremely simple, concise and clear.
Did the presenter validate any claims?


Yes. Most of my presentation was validating claims and statistics for my audience.
Did the presenter avoid inconsistencies and errors, typos and unbelievable claims?


Yes.
How well did the presenter avoid clutter?


Very well. Many of the slides were simple. They had lots of space and some even had three or four words.
What did the presenter do to ensure readability?

Used a great font and size type, maybe should have used different colors.

Did the presenter say it, and then show it or did he/she read the slides?


I read the presentation as it was given and added facts that were not shown.

                 

I did my presentation on the Relay for Life at UF. I wanted to tell people about how scary cancer can be and let them know the real statistics of how it affects people everyday. I also mentioned when the university was planning it's relay and encouraged my audience to participate and donate to the cause.

After watching multiple videos from classmates and seeing all the different ways to create projects it has been a truly mind-blowing experience. The project was a lot of fun for me, I just wish that the web sharing would have been a little easier to do.

This project takes a lot of time and planning out and I am glad I didn't wait till the last minute to complete it. I had no idea that uploading certain presentations to the web were so hard to do. If you do not have the perfect combination of files and the correct website the whole presentation can fall apart. 

I have provided my rubric in my blog. 


No comments:

Post a Comment