Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Week 1: Muddy

During the first chaotic week of school things can easily become lost or forgotten. With classes being changed, a new online website to explore and memorize, and the back to school rush I became extremely confused with the blogging. I had no idea how to create, customize, or write a blog. I didn't even know what we were suppose to write about! I was on the verge of breaking my computer.


At first I could not find the blog website on my mac, and then once I got there I didn't have a clue what to do, I have never "blogged" in my life. So, after getting lost on the e-learning site multiple times and finally arriving in the blog instructions section, I found myself still completely disoriented. Eventually, once I read through the instructions and visited the complimentary blogging background websites I was a little more confident. However, if it wasn't for the help discussion board I would have never been successful.

It was comforting to know that I wasn't the only person stranded without any knowledge of what to do. The instructors quick reply post were also an important factor in clearing up the murky blogging conundrum. After the initial logging into the website, submitting my URL, and establishing my blog, running the website was a piece of cake.

My helpful tips for not getting lost blogging are:


  • Always read the instructions first, print if you need.
  • Head to the discussion board, your not the only one lost.
  • If you get stressed, take a break and come back your probably overlooking something and being stressed isn't helping you find it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment